- The Trail of Tears - Look, Listen and Think...and don't forget!
- Akwesasne Women's Fire needs help to stop guns
MNN. July 1, 2009. On Monday June 1st 2009 the Canadian Border Service Agency was to take up arms at the border crossing in the middle
of Akwesasne of Mohawk Nation Territory. The people protested. At 11:30 pm on May 31st the CBSA guards abandoned their post and left.
Since then, we have peacefully camped on the grounds next to the facility. This is the first video on the ongoing events in the camp and
- Hawaiian groups have united to protest the state's attempts to sell the stolen Hawaiian Government and Crown Lands (what is erroneously referred to as "ceded" lands)
and First Nations
- Jailing Aboriginal Leaders to Promote Uranium Mining in Ontario
In a travesty of justice, as Paula Sherman writes, AAFN
Spokesperson Robert Lovelace was sentenced in the Ontario Superior
Court of Justice in Kingston to 6 months incarceration and crippling
fines amounting to $25,000 for upholding Algonquin law within Algonquin
- You may watch two YouTube-Videos which might highlight the background of the situation in Canada. Click HERE and HERE
- Pit River Rallies to Protect Sacred Medicine Lake Highlands from Fracking
northeast of Mount Shasta, is a wilderness from which flows a vital fresh
water resource to all of California. For thousands of years, it has been a
sacred place and traditional training ground for Native Americans. For
over 150 years, modern Americans and countless peoples from all over the
world have shared its beauty and life giving water. It is nothing less
than a national treasure. Today, it is under
immediate threat of destruction by geothermal industrial development.
- The realisation of the 1200 miles Medicine Wheel around the Teton Mountains
- REVISITING & REHEALING THE 19 + 1 = 20 SACRED SITES
THE GRAND TETON MEDCINE WHEEL - LAST HELD MAY 8TH, 2004
- See also: Steven McFadden
- WomenRise For Global Peace
and the Midnight Strong Heart Society Of the Sovereign Lakota Nation
- The Circle of Stories
- The Native Nations Index
- Chief Seattle's Speech
- Read about and listen to Corbin Harney
who is a spiritual leader, healer and
internationally known indigenous rights and anti-nuclear weapons activist.
He has performed his songs at the United Nations and at demonstrations
from The Nevada Test Site to the Russian Nuclear Bombing Range in
Khazakstan. He has been the featured speaker at anti-nuclear conferences
around the world and has led thousands past the front gates of the Nevada
Test Site on his traditional lands in mass acts of non-violent resistance
to stop the testing and proliferation of nuclear weapons.